field size of i_length is unusual for IBM. Fields i_length has to be
defined as 5P0.

Thomas.

rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 17.09.2013 12:54:01:

Von: janetaubman@xxxxxxxxx
An: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
Datum: 17.09.2013 12:54
Betreff: TCP/IP Buffer to variable in Scott Klement's sample
Gesendet von: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

A little background, I am an old iSeries programmer, but we have been
using a 4GL tool for years, so I don't have any experience with RPGLE

I have been trying to use the Scott Klement Tutorial to build a simple
TCP/IP client to replace a PC program we have to grab a line from an
open
socket and send it down a dataQ and then to send the response from
another
dataQ back down the socket.

I have the sending down the socket working, but I am not handling the
receipt of data correctly and the call to QSNDDTAQ fails with "Scalar
operand contains a value that is not valid"

The code I have is
c callp WrLine(sock: dqdw )
C eval rc = rdline(sock: %addr(recbuf):
c %size(recbuf): *On)
c DtaqUp dsply
c recbuf dsply
c move *blank dqup
c* movel recbuf dqup
c call 'QSNDDTAQ'
c parm DtaqUp
c parm DtaqLib
c parm DtaqLen
c parm dqup

recbuf displays fine, but the movel is obviously the wrong way to
transfer
it.

Please could someone point out the error of my ways or to the point in
the
tutorial which I need to understand.

--
Jane.