Especially check for the use of binary fields in the call. I'm too lazy
(err, busy) to look up the definition, but I got bit by an old API usage
where there were binary fields. Had to switch to INT.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Please show us the API call (and proto if used) plus any structures being
used etc.

It is possible that you have a scenario in which corruption has always
been taking place (possibly due to incorrect API usage) but changes in the
compiler in V7 mean that you are now corrupting something that matters.

On 2013-08-22, at 11:09 AM, Shubhadeep Roy <shubhadeep.roy@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,

I wrote a utility to retrieve messages from a data queue and store them
in
an SQL table using API QMHRDQM. The utility works fine at V5R4 but is
failing in V7R1 with the following error. Could this just be a
compilation
issue?

Additional Message
Information

Message ID . . . . . . : MCH0601 Severity . . . . . . . :
40
Message type . . . . . :
Escape
Date sent . . . . . . : 08/22/13 Time sent . . . . . . :
11:06:56

Message . . . . : Space offset X'00000000' or X'0000000000EFFDFF' is
outside
current limit for object QPADEV000MSROY2
208748.
Cause . . . . . : A program tried to set a space pointer, tried to
use
storage outside a space, or tried to use an unallocated page in
teraspace.
The space class is X'07'. The space class designates the type of
space:
00-primary associated space (includes space
objects).
01-secondary associated space
0.
02-implicit process space for automatic
storage.
03-implicit process space for static storage in activation group
mark

X'0000000000000000'.

04-implicit process space for heap identifier X'00000000' in
activation
group mark
X'0000000000000000'.
05-constant
space.
06-space for handle-based heap identifier
X'00000000'.
07-teraspace offset
X'0000000000EFFDFF'.
08-teraspace for System i5 PASE memory address
X'0000000000EFFDFF'.
Offset X'00000000' only applies to storage outside
teraspace.
X'80000000000000000000000000EFFDFF' is a pointer to the teraspace page
or
the start of the implicit process space for the
allocation.

--

Warm regards,
Shubhadeep Roy