From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dirk.Marien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:17 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: odd rpg to rpgle level check error.

Compile everything interactive. Check compilelisting and use dsppgmref to compare objects.

Kr,
Dirk.

From: "Smith, Mike" <Mike_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the IBM i / System i (rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx)"
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 31/07/2013 15:02
Subject: odd rpg to rpgle level check error.
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have an rpg program I am trying to convert to RPGLE.
After converting the program and then compiling both the display file and rpgle program. I get a level check error.

I've taken the following steps to try and determine the problem, but I'm just not seeing it.

Copy both the display and rpg as it originally exists to my library and compile Program works.

Delete the rpg program and convert the source with cvtrpgsrc

Compile the rpgle
Program gets level check.

Compile display file with level check (*NO) Recompile rpgle

Program executes-BUT as soon as I hit enter on the screen everything shifts to the right and triggers all of the error checking on the fields.

I don't see any ibm supplied files being used in the program.

Anybody experienced this before?
What do I need to check?
Oh yeah, I'm on V7R1

Thanks

MIke
NOTICE: This message, including any attachment, is intended as a confidential and privileged communication. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.