I actually searched the RPG "Chapter 21. Built-in Functions" page for a %UINT when I composed my first reply in this thread. However I did not even think to look through the rest of the %U prefixed functions to find the %UNS and %UNSH, after I got positioned to %UCS2, but received a "not found" error immediately after typing the 'I' for %UI.

Too bad the RPG docs do not have "Related concepts" or "Related information" links like the IBM i OS InfoCenter topics\docs have. IMO it would have been nice for the %INT to provide a link to the %UNS, being so closely related but especially so dissimilar in naming.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzasd/sc092508813.htm#bifs

Regards, Chuck