I tried your suggestion and am getting the same results from their server. I have a feeling there is a glitch on their side somewhere.

If I could get a hold of their techs, I could see what they are actually receiving.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Scott Klement" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: tegger@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 12:46:05 PM
Subject: Re: http_url_post_xml and REST

This won't work properly with CCSID 1208, since you are specifying code
pages (which was a limitation of the IFS in V4R5 and earlier, but with
V5R1 CCSID support was added.)   Also, I would recommend using
O_TEXT_CREAT and eliminating the "two opens" scenario..  the "two opens"
situation would work fine if you're targeting the root or QOpenSys file
system, but does not work with, for example, /QNTC.  Best practice is to
use O_TEXT_CREAT if you are targeting V5R2 or later.

It's also very strange that you are granting execute permission to the
file -- this allows QShell or PASE shells to run your XML document as a
shell script -- which doesn't make any sense at all.

Here's what I would do (requires V5R2 or later):

    flags = O_RDWR + O_CREAT + O_TRUNC + O_TEXTDATA
          + O_CCSID + O_TEXT_CREAT;

    mode = S_IRUSR + S_IWUSR + S_IRGRP + S_IWGRP
          + S_IROTH;

    fd = open( %trimr(filename): flags: mode: 1208 0);

O_CCSID gives it support for CCSIDs (vs O_CODEPAGE which only supports
code pages) and O_TEXT_CREAT eliminates the need to open the file, close
it, and then re-open it.  The additional parameter to open() tells which
CCSID to translate from, so in my example, I used the special value of
0=Job CCSID.  So it'll translate from the job's CCSID to 1208 (which is
UTF-8)

-SK