:) - I've not looked - is there a %uint function?

On 7/12/2013 7:31 AM, darren@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I did a little test with the %int function, and apparently it can handle up
to a 20i 0. However, it can't handle a 20u 0 (unsigned integer).

D SmInt 5u 0
D Int 10u 0
D BigInt 20u 0
/free
SmInt=*Hival;
Int=*HiVal;
BigInt=*HIval;

Smint=%int(Smint);
Int=%int(Int);
BigInt=%int(BigInt); //**** Failed on receiver too small. BigInt
as 20i 0 works.

From: "Birgitta Hauser" <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'RPG programming on the IBM i \(AS/400 and iSeries\)'"
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/12/2013 12:59 AM
Subject: AW: Split Number into whole and fractional parts
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just for information: DB2 supports 3 types of integers:
1. SMALLINT (RPG equivalent is 5I 0) - Valid range -32768 - + 32767
2. INTEGER/INT (RPG equivalent 10I 0) - Valid range -2.1 Billion - + 2.1
Billion
3. BIGINT (RPG equivalent 20I 0) - Valid range -9,223,372,036,854,775,808
(Scotts Number) - +9,223,372,036,854,775,807

Even DDS supports real integers, but those digits are defined as 4B 0
(=SmallInt), 9B 0 (=Integer), 18B 0 (BigInt)

If a table or physical file that contains Integers with native I/O. The
integer values are converted into 4P 0, 9P 0 or 18P 0 as long as the
EXTBININT(*YES) keyword is not specified within the H-specs.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
and keeping them!"