On 04 Jul 2013 05:15, thomas.raddatz@xxxxxx wrote:
<<SNIP>> they asked me whether or not I want to open an APAR to fix
the compiler. <<SNIP>>

IMO, FWiW: Have them open an APAR irrespective of a fix or lack thereof. Without an APAR, there would be no record\documentation that the situation exists [and was already detected]. There would be no publicly posted document of what instead would likely be merely their private reply to you. When an APAR is opened, there will necessarily be a publicly documented issue and the outcome; even if only to have that APAR document that the situation is a "permanent restriction", suggesting that there is no intention by IBM to change anything. Without the APAR, there would be effectively nothing for anyone to refer to in the future, if someone else encounters and reports the same issue. But having been publicly documented previously in an APAR, both the user and IBM would be able to refer to the past APAR to understand what was the previous decision by IBM in response to that situation.