From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dale janus
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:37 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: problem with hidden field in subfile

I am missing something with a hidden field in a subfile. This in an
enhancement to an old program, so it is fixed format with a mix of
coding
styles.

The application displays a subfile screen with about 15 records. The
user
chooses one by cursor position and presses enter.
Initially, all the program needed was the field GRDESC. Now I need a
second field, GRALLY.
I added GRALLY , a hidden field, as seen in the A specs. The field will
be either blank or Y.

When I read the subfile, the last record in GRDREC has the Y in GRALLY.

My rpg code chains to the subfile (in this case record #1). It
retrieves
the correct GRDESC and the corresponding field GRALLY should be blank.
Instead it is keeping the value Y from the last record read from GRDREC
when I filled the subfile.

When debugging, each read of GRDREC that loads the subfile shows the
correct value for each record. It's on the subsequent read of the
subfile control I have a problem. Somehow my read only gets the first
field, not the hidden field.

A R SFDRM3 SFL
A TEXT('subfile for quote')
A*
A GRDESC R O 1 2REFFLD(GRDREC/GRDESC SPC5LI
A GRALLY R H REFFLD(GRDREC/GRALLY SPC5LI

C EXFMT SFDRMCT3
C*
C WINCUR IFGT 0
C WINCUR CHAIN SFDRM3 99
C MOVE GRDESC QTDESC
C eval wkaloy = GRALLY

I don't think the problem is in the control record, but here it is:

A R SFDRMCT3 SFLCTL(SFDRM3)
A TEXT('subfile control quote
A N89 ROLLUP(86 'roll up')
A N88 ROLLDOWN(87 'roll down')