With these replies I am feeling better and better. Apparently it is not as elementary a problem as I thought it was.

I named the prototype and the procedure interface the same name as the program and did not include the ExtPgm() keyword. It seems to have worked just fine.

By the way, thank you for the careful and courteous replies. I appreciate that.