Hi Sam

STRQM is part of 57xx-ST1, which is a for-cost licensed product.

The good news is, you don't need STRQM - that's only an interface to Query Management, just as STRSQL is an interface to SQL.

The bad news is, QM forms are relatively difficult to create source for - Query Management Programming DOES have all the info, not for the faint of heart. A person CAN use the RTVQMFORM from a QRYDFN and get a shell for the form source, as a starting point.

The good news is, most companies now have the ST1 product on their systems. And you need that only for creating the forms, not for running them.

But here is a simple example you can try.

1. CRTSRCPF QGPL/QQMQRYSRC RCDLEN(91)
2. Open QQMQRYSRC in SEU or PDM
3. Add member TEST
4. Put this statement into TEST - SELECT * FROM QIWS/QCUSTCDT
5. Save member TEST
6. CRTQMQRY QGPL/TEST -- that should work with defaults, otherwise prompt it and specify the source file and member
7. STRQMQRY TEST -- this will display the results on the screen
8. STRQMQRY TEST OUTPUT(*PRINT) -- this will create a report
9. STRQMQRY TEST OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(QGPL/MYOUTFILE)

Many more options on the STRQMQRY command, including substitution variables.

You maybe knew this, but others might not have.

Cheers
Vern