From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: donderdag 18 april 2013 22:16
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: why rpg and not cobol

Hee hee. Did you see the 2nd comment?

"Still better then (sic) justin bieber"

Almost snorted my diet coke out the nose.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

An IBM 7094! Want to hear it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41U78QP8nBk

On 4/18/2013 2:38 PM, Vernon Hamberg wrote:
Sheesh, Vern - get the song right!

Hey, I even looked it up and still got it wrong! too much snow!

OK, it's "Bicycle Built for Two" HAL sings it - and it was
programmed at Harvard or MIT on a PDP-8 or PDP-11, according to a book I read.

Some source points to a different unit - but it was done in 1961.

Ah the fluid nature of history!

Vern