why try to read the record, if you know that the order doesn't exist?

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Anderson, Kurt <KAnderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Michael,

Why not:

chain (orderid) from orderheader;
If %found(orderheader) and orderdate >= %date() - %days();
return 1;
else;
return 0;
endif;

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Michael Schutte
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:45 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: Logical file in RPG

Luke, seems simple to me. You are just making more difficult then it
needs to be.

create a procedure to do the check for you.

p duplicate_order_past_year...
p b export
d pi 10I 0
d orderid 20I 0 const

// if not found at all in the file.
setll (orderid) from orderheader;
If not %equal(orderheader);
return 0;
endif;

reade (orderid) orderheader;
If not %EoF();
if orderdate >= %date() - %days();
return 1;
endif;
endif;
return 0;

P e

You can then compile this into a module, then a service program. Then you
may want to have a wrap with a SQL function so that you can put into a
select statement.

select * from tmp_order
where duplicate_order_past_year(orderid) = 0

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Gary Thompson <gthompson@xxxxxxxxxxx