Nick

Thanks for this - I do want to go with the new support.

FYI - CGIDEV2 is a template-with-tags-based kind of thing - you create a shell XML document with placeholders for "sections" and "data". The sections can be things like the opening tag for an element, then another for the data itself, then one for the closing tag.

Or that could all be one section, if there is no nesting of elements. The RPG then becomes just procedure calls that set the data tag values and write the sections.

That looks a little like the DAD you write about with XML Extenders, insofar as it is purpose-driven, not general.

A question - the XML support seems not to do anything with DTDs. The structure of the XML I'm supposed to generate includes the <!DOCTYPE some_type SYSTEM "some.dtd"> - can I use this new support to include that in my output. The partner also wants the <?xml version=...> line. I think we are stuck with it. So that might have some bearing on what I use.

Thanks again!
Vern