Problems like this are very frustrating and hard to track down. Try inserting some harmless that runs at the start of the WS3GETRGDV procedure, and see if that code runs. (Have it send you a message or something.)

If that still fails, then I'd try commenting out code one line at a time until you figure out which line is the culprit.

Most likely you are corrupting something in memory or on the call stack that is causing things to go absolutely haywire. Unfortunately, when stuff like this happens, I've found the debugger to be very unreliable, often skipping the breakpoints entirely.