From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Rogerson
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:53 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: RNF3316: The item has already beendefined ona
Definition,Specification; specification is ignored.

Ok, I went ahead and commented out the two *LIKE define lines. I
expected
that this would result in variable COST and LANDED being undefined.
But
it was not the case.
From the listing I found that both COST and LANDED were defined in a
new
module added to a called service program.

So it makes me question why the original error was on the two
reference
fields (IVUL$ and IVLN$ in the output spec). To me this error is
misleading.

I wish to thank all who responded...

Rob