Von: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im
Auftrag von Tom E Stieger
Gesendet: Thursday, 28.2 2013 18:29
An: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Betreff: RE: More, Re: Questions about RPG service program as an SQL UDF

I would suggest trying it in iNav if you can. I had a similar event happen
with some bad logic in an SQL view that would run the first time in
JasperReports over JDBC fine, but then subsequent times would use tons of
CPU appearing to try to optimize (based on looking at the job call stack).
For the longest time I thought it was a JasperReports problem, because I
couldn't reliably duplicate it in iNav. Then I realized it never happened
on the first call, but only on the second requests even in iNav.

Also I believe iNav and BIRT will both be using a JDBC connection so you
should be able to get similar results.

-Tom Stieger
IT Manager
California Fine Wire