On 2/19/2013 8:08 PM, James H. H. Lampert wrote:

-snip-

monitor;
temp = getPrimaryKeys(dbmd: cat: sch: s(table));
jdbc_end_object_group(temp: rs);
on-error;
jdbc_end_object_group();
return *NULL;
endmon;

return rs;

which works just fine connecting to DB2/400 on the same box (carrying
coals to Newcastle . . . ), and the corresponding Java statement:

ResultSet mdrs = dmd.getPrimaryKeys(null, "EMP", "Employees");

works just fine on DB2/400 and both a local MySQL server and the test
MySQL server, but when the RPG call gets to the "temp = getPrimaryKeys"
in the service program, something trips the monitor, returning a null
result set, I get a Java error message of
Incorrect database name ''" when calling method "getPrimaryKeys"

in the joblog, and ultimately, I end up with four(!) pairs of QPDSPJOB
and QPSRVDMP spool files, and no idea what the JVM could be objecting to.

The '*NULL' is correctly being turned into a Java null, and it's
definitely getting the correct schema and table names. And the Java
version works with the schema in either all-uppercase or all-lowercase.

I just don't get it.

I don't have a MySQL set up on this PC yet, but this seems like a
mismatch between the JDBC driver and the database you're using. What
version of MySQL and what driver are you using?

No matter what I do to my parameters I cannot get mine to generate a
dump when going against the local DB2 for i database. I haven't got the
free time just now, but look at jni_checkError to see how Java errors
can be trapped by RPG.
--buck