Jeff,

Note that you could include the fixed-format code in a copybook, and simply
do a /copy or /include for the copybook (which can itself be indented, if
you wish - the '/copy' doesn't need to start at column 7). All code in
copybooks is fixed-format by default.

This isn't any 'easier' or 'better' than dropping out to fixed-format, but
it's probably neater, e.g. rather than this:

/free

if ...
if ...
for ...
/end-free
CL1 EXSR SUBR01
/free
endfor;
endif;
endif;

/end-free

you could have this:

/free

if ...
if ...
for ...
/copy qrpglesrc,subr01
endfor;
endif;
endif;

/end-free

and in your copybook, just have the following:

CL1 EXSR SUBR01

Just a thought...

Rory