On 24 Jan 2013 13:12, Jerry C. Adams wrote:
As Chuck and I have both tried <<SNIP>>

I gave up. I just thought maybe I would learn something new from the conversation here; something that I am hesitant to do by reading about the RPG Cycle in the docs, because I haven't any need.

I have long realized that I can not follow the occasional /bursting/ conversations with neither some context nor attribution provided in each reply; preferably there would always be both. With just a few replies in a thread, it is easy enough to re-read them all _hoping_ to _guess_ to whom\what a reply was made. Sadly the topic digressed into "reminiscing" before Bryan and Buck were able to lead elsewhere, at least some of the unrelated replies, making too many messages to justify searching; esp. since it would be just a guess.

I suppose I will just have to dread [and perhaps just ignore] some of the replies from Nancy, just as I do those from Jon.

At least in the latter case, typically there is a snippet which I can use to search the archive to try to figure out both who wrote the quoted message text and what about the reply seems to me not to correlate with the tiny snippet. But the timestamp in those replies is always bogus\misleading [aside from the bogus attribution to the non-existent author "rpg400-l-request"], apparently denoting when the digest was sent, rather than when the actual email was sent by the person whose text was quoted. Often I think his having omitted that bogus attribution would be better than leaving it in.