The Ln indicators aka total time indicators in the RPG cycle allow you to generate breaks / subtotals at the end of groups and subgroups of records.

The test in the example, if rewritten to test for *inL1...9, if in the normal section of the code, will only test for the start of a group or subgroup. *inl0 always returns true.

Regards,
Joihn McKay mba