I figured out the problem. I am using SEP in RDP 8.5.1 to debug my program. The CDATA is there and gets placed into my field correctly. RDP debugger is not showing it all to me. I thought the debugger would show you the first 50 characters of a field when it is monitored, but obviously not. Even hovering over the field and getting the balloon popup doesn't show the complete value or the first 50 characters.

-----Original Message----- From: Scott Klement
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 1:30 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: XML-SAX and CDATA

Maybe the CDATA is broken across multiple events (XML_CHARS,
XML_xxx_REF, further XML_CHARS, etc)?? Is that possible?

-SK

On 12/21/2012 12:07 PM, Robert J. Mullis wrote:
I am trying to use XML-SAX to parse a SOAP envelope. Within the SOAP is a CDATA that is approximately 3000 characters. This 3000 character field is an XML document that contains data for the response from the SOAP web service. XML-
SAX recognizes when the CDATA is encountered. The handler procedure has the correct length for the CDATA, but the actual field containing the CDATA value only has the first 40 characters in it. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks,
Robert J. Mullis
Wellington-Royce Corporation