I currently have an application that transmits a large XML file from the IFS to a CGI on a secured URL (HTTPS). The CGI then transmits back another XML file that gets stored in the IFS and parsed. It uses procedure HTTP_URL_Post_StmF in HTTPAPI developed by Scott Klement. Well, this process is being changed from CGI to a web service. I was looking into using the IWS tools on the system to consume this web service, but I may have a problem with this approach. The limitation on field size in an RPG program may present a problem, because my XML files can exceed the limit and I would not be able to load the complete XML into a character string to send to the web service.

My question is two fold. First, is it possible to send the XML from a file in the IFS to the web service using the HTTPAPI and the secured URL (HTTPS)? Second, if so, does anyone have a sample program demonstrating this? I have been searching, but haven’t found one yet.

Thanks,
Robert J. Mullis
Wellington-Royce Corporation