From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary Thompson
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 2:52 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: RE: How can I retrieve the RRN of a record in a PF in a RPG3?

Daryl,
Your KINFDS definition looks ok to me.

As someone else mentioned, if your program is doing blocked I/O, then you may not get the RRN value - which makes sense to me but I am not sure.

I have used RRN from the INFDS some years past, but no longer have access to that system, and do not have any code at my current POE.

Maybe run your program with no blocking (OVRDBF xxx FRCRATIO *NONE), assuming you have not already tried that.