From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2012 2:20 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Calling BIRT from RPG

Paul,

I put together an open source project called the RPG Report Engine (RRE)
that I have been hosting (but the site is down while I have been
relocating to Texas). It should be back up next week but if you want to
contact me offlist, I can send you the source. Basically, it uses
techniques that both Scott Klement and Aaron Bartell (and a host of
other folks on the list) use to call Java code from RPG. There are lots
of good examples around. I originally had both Birt and Jasper Reports
support in RRE but pulled the Birt piece due to lack of interest and
bloat in the Birt code base. But I still have the old version that
allows for calls to either BIRT or Jasper reports (based on older
versions of each).

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.petesworkshop.com