On 25 Oct 2012 12:29, Erick Garske wrote:
<<SNIP>>

Despite these changes and the fact that it worked just fine our
development box, the same error persisted.

I did find the following reference concerning an issue with the
error in job log:

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas3298121d79c23b972862573fb000082f2

Though from the original problem description given, that APAR\PTF is IMO probably unrelated to the given scenario. The -204 in the failing scenario, as described in the OP [for which "the error" noted above, is now inferred to be msgCPF4268], is for a *MEM [member] object not being found, for a query that referenced an ALIAS without any subquery. The referenced APAR\PTF shows a failure for a *FMT [record format] object not being found, but suggests the failing scenario is only when a query "containing a subquery" is being validated; QQQVFILE being "Validate File" query database processing. Of course the noted APAR does not give a full\proper symptom kwd string, so any expectation that the other text provided is all that worthwhile from which to make a good inference, is probably presumptuous; and besides that, the full context of the presumed CPF4268 error was never revealed in this message thread, and so can not be compared anyhow.