On 22 Oct 2012 22:16, Mark S Waterbury wrote:
The OS (IBM i or OS/400) does not "protect" *PGM objects (or
*SRVPGMs), e.g. by placing a *SHRRD (*USE) lock on them when
they are "in use" (e.g. called or activated in some jobs).

However as I recall, the OS, specifically the database component of the OS, *does* lock a "trigger" program when a database file, one which previously was associated with that program as a trigger [ADDPFTRG; or CREATE TRIGGER, but there is no *READ for SQL triggers], is opened for the type of I\O covered by that trigger.