From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of WAJE0822
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 2:51 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Query in CPYFRMIMPF

You can use the Client Access iSeries Navigator add on to Excel to transfer the file directly to a DB2/400 physical file.

On Oct 5, 2012, at 2:49 PM, Nisha Ramesh <n4nisha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Could you please extend your help to me as I am stuck here with one issue.
This is the requirement. I have an excel sheet with some rows of data
in it. It is in .xls format. The first row is heading and second row
onwards are data. I need to copy this file to a physical file in
AS400. For this, I have opened the excel, copied the data to a notepad
and I have put the
delimeters(,) after each field and saved it back as .csv. Now I used
Iseries navigator and placed this .csv file onto the location I want it.
Inorder to get the data onto a PF, I am changing an existing RPG
program which uses CPYFRMIMPF. with the help of QCMDEXC. But this command fails.
But when I try to enter the same command from command line it is
copying data to PF. The other issue here is with the heading. If I
include heading,only heading is coming in. But if I remove heading,
then first row alone comes in . Please let me know why the QCMDEXC
fails when it runs properly in command line. Second is if the excel
has one row of heading, how to deal with it? Then how do I copy
multiple rows of data here? It will be really helpful if u respond back..