From: Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 08/10/2012 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: Speed of HSSF
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya John,

Here's what kills me: Imagine how long it takes to write the same file
to disk in Excel. How would you react if Excel took 15 minutes to write
the file?

It's hard to even imagine that, isn't it?

That was a big part of my incentive for rewriting mine in pure RPG. And
mine certainly isn't done (though, for someone who understands the
internals as I do, it's usable) but the difference between 30 seconds
and 30 minutes is an incredible improvement.

-SK