Thank you Barbara and Kurt, I found  out that the array I am passing into a parameter that is not an array.

________________________________
From: Barbara Morris <bmorris@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, 5 July 2012, 18:37
Subject: Re: RNF5343

On 2012/7/5 12:39 PM, Amanda Paul wrote:
if populateCompanyLevels(pFLD1:pFLD2:pfld3:
                pFLD4:pDS1:pDS2:pDS3:pDS4:
                pDS5:pDS6:pDS7:pDS8:pDS9:pDS10:pDS11:xmlDS:errDS);
Hello, above is my procedure. I get
RNF5343 30 009090 Array has too many omitted indexes; specification
ignored.

Procedure returns an indicator, and some of the DS parameters are
array DS. How do you pass make this work?

Just a guess ... did you define a prototyped parameter with LIKEDS of a
DS array expecting the prototype to pick up the DIM? If so, LIKEDS
doesn't inherit DIM, so you have to code the DIM too.

Say you have this array DS:

      D pDS1          ds            qualified dim(10)
      D  subfs  . . .

If you want to define the prototyped parameter like that DS with the
same DIM, code the prototype like this

      D populateCompanyLevels...
      D                pr
      D  . . .
      D  ds1Parm                    likeds(pDs1) dim(%elem(pDs1))
      D  . . .