What are the permissions from WRKLNK option 9 or from wrkaut? What are the permissions in the directories along the path? Can you "read" other files on the same directory?

++
Dennis
++
"When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, 'Well, what do you need?'"
-- Steven Wright

Sent from my Galaxy tablet phone. Please excuse my brevity.
For any grammatic/spelling errors, there is no excuse.
++

Jeff Young <jyoung0950@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I finally checked the IBM Manual for the Open file (Open) API for the
O_TEXT_CREAT and found this interesting info:
The call to open has a fifth argument (*text file creation conversion ID*),
which is to be interpreted as either a code page or CCSID, depending on
whether the O_CODEPAGE or O_CCSID was set.

If the O_TEXT_CREAT flag is specified, all of the following flags must also
be specified: O_CREAT, O_TEXTDATA, and either O_CODEPAGE or O_CCSID. If all
of these prerequisite flags are not specified when O_TEXT_CREAT is
specified, then the call to open will fail with error condition [EINVAL].

This flag indicates that the textual data read from or written to this file
will be converted between the CCSID specified or derived from the *text
file creation conversion ID* and the CCSID of the file. When data is read
from the file, it is converted from the CCSID of the file to the CCSID
specified or derived from the *text file creation conversion ID*. When data
is written to the file, it is converted to the CCSID of the file from the
CCSID specified or derived from the *text file creation conversion ID*.
The prototype that I had for the Open API did not have the fifth parm.
I added it and the file was created with no problems.

However, I now have a different issue:
After creating the file, I wrote 2 records using the Write API and then
closed the file.
When using the WRKLNK command on the i to view the file, I can see the data.
The file attributes indicate the following:
Coded character set ID . . . . . . . . : 1252
Size of object data in bytes . . . . . : 100
Allocated size of object . . . . . . . : 8192
File format . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *TYPE2

When I map a network drive from my PC (XP Pro), I see the file, but can not
open it.
When I look at the properties for the file, it shows 0 bytes for the file
size.
The file name is I123456_0.csv.

Any suggestions anyone?