What do you mean pass two files to the print program?
What system version are you on?

I'm assuming that the print program is expecting files to exist. The
question is how is the program accessing those files? It by SQL, FSPECS,
or DataStructure (which would make sense since you mentioned passing two
files).

If SQL or FSPECS... you could create a duplicate of those files in QTEMP
(make sure that QTEMP is at the top of your LIBRARY LIST.

DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE NEW_FILE LIKE OLD_FILE;

Will create the table in QTEMP and will exist as long as the JOB is active.
The Job could mean Workstation if that's where it's being called from.

When you execute this statement, you would want to check for SQLCODE =
-601. If equal then table already exists. So now you need to delete all
records to clear it.

Personally, I prefer to drop the table and rebuild it. Too many times,
I've needed to change the table and had phone calls saying something wasn't
working because the user still had the old version of the table active in
their workstation job.