That works nicely, Chuck. Thank you.
I won't go home today as dumb as I was yesterday. Again. :)
-- Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:00 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Passing data structure to batch job RESOLVED

On 31 May 2012 08:44, Koester, Michael wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "Length specification had been specified
on the original DS."

...On the ds definition in the copybook? I've not seen a ds with a
specified length before.
How would that be coded there?

d Example_ds...
d ds qualified
d subfield1 6a
d subfield2 2a

Same as for a standalone field. So instead of coding the length [and type] on the standalone based-storage variable, code only a length on the DS [the To\Length of the D-spec; as prompted in SEU], and use the
LIKE(Example_ds) on the based-storage variable to establish the same length as the "like DS":

d Example_ds...
d ds 8 qualified
d subfield1 6a
d subfield2 2a

d Xmp_DS s like(Example_ds)
d based(Xmp_DS@)
d Xmp_DS@ s * inz(%addr(Example_ds))

So assuming the full length of the DS NMS_OrderDetails is 51 bytes:

d NMS_OrderDetails...
d ds 51 qualified
d Order 6a
d ...