On 30 May 2012 12:44, Dave Boettcher wrote:
Hate to see you both spending any more energy on this.
To quote an earlier reply:
The line you cite was intended to show the difference between the one
that ran in iNav with 2011 and the embedded SQL with :RPTTXYR - a
program variable. Never was intended to concatenate the two. Sorry
for the trouble.

Understood. I knew... I had already described presumably [and the followup message with a new\changed Subject FW: prefix agreed] what was the original issue, in a response to the duplicate message sent to the midrange-l list:

But the continued discussion [which kept the same subject] was an offshoot that no longer even included the original message. The continued discussion, as a branch in the thread, became effectively just a "what if" with regard to performance; i.e. what would be the impact on performance, if the selection really had been composed as the expression (2011 concat :RPTTXYR):
WHERE A.artxyr = 2011 concat :RPTTXYR

Regards, Chuck