The DDS keyword ALIAS is omitted from the list of attributes which do *not* impact the Record Format Level Identifier:

IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> Database -> Programming -> Database programming -> Managing database files -> Changing database file descriptions and attributes
_Effects of changing fields in a file description_
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/dbp/rbafoecffd.htm

That documentation does not match my experience however. However what the ALIAS was was immaterial AFaIK because the non-SQL languages did not have the ability to refer to those names as compiled. I understand that may no longer be the case for the RPG; I wonder if there is an impact, and the names are still not part of the hash.?

p.s. The "End of Message" [or "Begin of SigLine\Signature data"] is improperly formed. The proper form is a line starting with dash dash space with no other characters on the same line; i.e. presumably the "---Dale" preceding the long signature was intended to denote the start of the signature-data.

Regards, Chuck