From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 1:01 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: QRPLOBJ oddity...

On 04 May 2012 10:03, DeLong, Eric wrote:
Ok, here's the interesting bits... This was a submitted job, but the
call to DSRSOBLD resolved to object QRPLOBJ/Q88835465C.

So the call seems obvious to have been made via a stored procedure
pointer. The next logical question to need an answer, would seem to be
whence and how the call is made to that program.? The RPG run-time
seems to know that the original resolution to that address was via the
program name DSRSOBLD in library FSDSPM3 [per RNX1217 "Cause"].
Additionally what are the details from DSPOBJD QRPLOBJ/Q88835465C
DETAIL(*FULL), DSPOBJD FSDSPM3/DSRSOBLD DETAIL(*FULL) and DSPLOG JOB()
for the job that got the error? The latter of course to compare
timestamp of the recompile to the start of the job; could be helpful but
not definitive in alluding possible origin.

CPF4131 t/Q88835465C in QRPLOBJ tm/DSRSOBLD tp/DSRSOBLD stmt/8700
at 05/03/12 13:02:18.555084 and then
RNX1217 Escape 99 05/03/12 13:02:18.582616
QRNXIE QSYS *STMT Q88835465C QRPLOBJ *STMT
per normal, To: Same module, procedure, and statement; From: moot,
except perhaps to show RPG run-time
Message . . . . : Error message CPF4131 appeared during OPEN.
Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure DSRSOBLD in program
FSDSPM3/DSRSOBLD received the message CPF4131 while performing
an explicit OPEN operation on file DSLSOMTH1. The actual file
is DSLSOMTH1.

The above was reformatted and left for reference.

Regards, Chuck