Thanks guys. Yes, I was too on the same minds of using two subfiles.
However, the length of the fields are dynamic. As in RUNQRY when F20 key
is pressed, it moves right, thereby displaying the next set of
fields/data. So I thought to build a dynamic subfile.

I am not sure but still believe that RUNQRY uses DSM logic. Because it
creates a subfile dynamically based on different files and their fields.

I am planning to build a similar functionality that is been used in RUNQRY
(F19, F20, F21, F22).
F22 becomes visible only when the session is using 27x132 mode.
I using an API was able to figure out the mode of session.

I am thereby trying to understand the RUNQRY functionality.

Amit Sheth
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: [1]a.sheth@xxxxxxx
Website: [2]http://www.tcs.com