My first thought...

Why worry about it RPG when you don't appear to be worried about it Excel?

Are you under the impression that Excel is magical and thus doesn't
suffer from the same precision issues as any other piece of software?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=excel+precision+error

Given that Excel apparently stores numbers as floating point and that
there are differences between floating point arithmetic and RPG's
fixed decimal arithmetic...expecting the same results is probably a
fantasy.

Personally, I'd consider RPG's fixed decimal answer "right" over
Excel's floating point answer when dealing with real world values
especially for currency.
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?FloatingPointCurrency

However, if you want to consider Excel's floating point answer
"right", it would behoove you to use floating point variables in RPG
to match.

d myRate s 8f 0

The true "right" solution in my mind
1) use RPG fixed point
2) Understand RPG's fixed point precision rules
3) use %round() and/or %dec() as needed to control intermediate
results as you want.

HTH,
Charles