Dave

WDSC/RDP already has a tool like this - it is the New procedure wizard - right-click anywhere in the source and click on the New item in the list.

It does not create prototypes for procedures that already exist. But there is a change at 7.1 that lets you write code without prototypes sometimes - here are the conditions -

Optional prototypes

If a program or procedure is not called by another RPG module, it is optional to specify the prototype. The prototype may be omitted for the following types of programs and procedures:

* A program that is only intended to be used as an exit program or
as the command-processing program for a command
* A program that is only intended to be called from a different
programming language
* A procedure that is not exported from the module
* A procedure that is exported from the module but only intended
to be called from a different programming language

So then you have just one place to put comments.

HTH
Vern