From: Jim Franz<jfranz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: accessing QS3F data by utilities and 4GLs - where do they see thefield layout ?

there are several s36 to native conversion tools that work with RPGII F&I.
Google "s36 to native conversion" for a list. From there you have native dds
files
accessible from sql tools (have to work around multi record format
and multi member files). And there are services that do this for a fee.
Jim Franz