On 23-Feb-2012 16:54 , Monnier, Gary wrote:
But does it work? It did for me.

I expect and hope, that like for the OP, that the modified DDS also "did not work" [as the OP intends]; i.e. I would hope for and expect consistency for both versions of the DDS, since they are in effect [for what records are selected], the same.

FWiW, I originally was responding only to the comment to "try the DYNSLT keyword", without even having reviewed the DDS in the reply. I meant only to clarity for the reader(s) what DYNSLT does. I have since gone back and looked at the prior messages... and even re-inserted the portion of the quoted text I had ignored along with the message by the OP to which that reply was made; included at the bottom of this message.

As I had alluded, if the only change is to move the selection from the access path to the cursor by specifying DYNSLT, then a difference in the effect for what records are selected would suggest a defect.

The original logic for the two Select\COMP specifications which "did not work" according to the OP:

S STATUS COMP(NE 'X')
S CODEV COMP(EQ 'EV')

Rewritten more like a typical formal logic expression:

"(STATUS *NE 'X') *OR (CODEV *EQ 'EV')"

The message to which I had responded included the _same_ DDS select _logic_ as the prior message; i.e. except the addition of the DYNSLT file-level keyword [in the "15:44" message], that DDS was unchanged from the DDS originally given [in the "3:18 PM" message]. That means both versions of the file [created from their respective DDS] should give the same results. The only difference would be whether the selection was part of the /key selection/ [performed in access path maintenance] or part of the dynamic LIC cursor selection [performed at run-time as defined in the run-time ODP].

Regards, Chuck