Vern Hamberg wrote:
Y'all

Ever since I started with VB3 in the mid-90s, I've heard about event-driven programming. And I made the leap to, pressing a function key is a kind of event - not all that different from pressing a button in a GUI - and, hey, if you have PCOMM and turn on hotspots, it IS pressing a button in a GUI!!

You don't need no stinking PCOMM to get hotspots: a 3487, 3488, or 3489 will get you hotspots, if you have a mouse to fit it (and an enhanced Twinax controller to run it). (Note: an InfoWindow II mouse will work just fine as a PS/2 mouse, but the other way around does NOT work!)

And it will also get you programmable mouse buttons. And various GUI constructs (I know for a fact that radio button blocks are fully supported; I had to model the radio button support in OUR TN5250e client on SOMETHING, and I've always tried to either follow, or slightly improve upon, "the authentic instrument".)

The very worst mistake an RPG instructor can possibly make (unless he/she is actually TRYING to kill the language) is to not teach The Cycle as anything other than something to bypass or disable!

--
JHHL