I would tend to disagree on a few points. Especially the point the RPG was
never a state of the art language. You may not consider the current format
to be state of the art, but when it was first introduced I would contend
that is was very much state of the art.

You don't like static, so don't use static binding, Make a program then
you are not statically bound. This has been available for literally
decades.

I don't use all the functionality your looking for in my programming, So I
don't feel fit to comment on namespaces. And I feel lack of open source
components is more of a statement about the users than the language,
Cozzi, Klement and many others have put out service programs full of
components. But lets face it, RPG programmers have been creating their own
for so long, they tend to build things themselves and not go looking.
Bob Cozzi had a development tool years back, I actually liked it compared
to Code 400, I think your 3rd point negates the last point. It really is a
language used for one platform, Given that, how many IDE's do you expect
to be created? Especially since your competition was IBM selling one with
they system. Even if you wanted a 3rd party IDE your company still had to
buy IBM's tools.

Just my opinion.
I fully admit to not being the most advanced programmer. But using CGIDEV2
I write web pages. When click a button, or fill in one selection, that
EVENT causes an RPG program to run and do something to update the screen ,
part of the screen or a file. Not, really event programming but it looks
that way to the user, who could care less how I program it. It just has to
work.