From: Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 02/01/2012 04:18 PM
Subject: Re: Open Access to be generally available as part of the
RPG compiler
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2/1/2012 4:15 PM, Brian May wrote:
Henrik,

<Vendor>
I can say for sure that the company I work for, Profound Logic, has
fully embraced Open Access and our customers love it.

As for your previous statement that mobile and web apps can't be made
without learning "new tricks", that is where vendors like ours come in.
Our product allows applications to be built with no knowledge of HTML,
Javascript, and CSS using a drag and drop Visual Designer. These new web
screens are accessed in RPG using familiar opcodes in RPG such as read,
write, and exfmt thanks to open access. This allows customers to use an
interface they are intimately familiar with and also allows the display
layer to be replaced without changes to the original RPG logic.

</Vendor>

Sorry David, I normally don't respond as a vendor, but he asked. :)

And just to satisfy my curiosity, Brian, I assume you guys support all
or most of the 5250 DDS specification; would I be correct in imagining
that support for subfiles (and probably popups and a few of the more
esoteric 5250 keywords) was a significant investment? I only ask
because I don't want people thinking that OA is a drop-in replacement
for 5250; they're really better off going through a vendor like you who
has already done the heavy lifting.

Joe