Hello,

Not exactly sure what you mean by "The RPG manual", but... RPG does not have built-in support for regular expressions, and therefore, none of the IBM-supplied RPG manuals have regular expressions in them.

The Regular Expression support built-in to the operating system (which is in the ILE C Runtime Library) does not support the expression you posted.

RPGLanguage.com is YOUR web site. It appears to have some regular expression software available for download, but that's not what the OP (Mike Smith) was trying to use. I think it would be clearer if you say something like "Mike, if you want to use \d and \W character classes, you can download the REGEX program from my web site at this link...."

The way your message was stated, it sounded like you were telling Mike that the docs on rpglanguage.com described IBM's regular expressions software, rather than a separate download from your site.