Chuck -

it is a one-off program for creating address information during a system conversion.

As it reads records from the legacy address book file, the program SCANs for for values in the name field and replace them with other hard-coded values before writing out the address book information to the file which will be imported into the new system.

For example:

C 'Abc ' SCAN PNAME P
C IF P > 0
C MOVEA 'ABC ' PL(P)
C ENDIF

The array named PL redefines the field PNAME.

Perhaps I can better improve the program's performance by replacing the MOVEA with %replace:
Where I have added code in this routine, I have used %replace.

- sjl