Mike,

It'd help a great deal if you could divulge the source statement number to
which the error was sent, and/or that from which it originated. That's one
of your best clues as to just exactly where the error is occurring. I
could not guess from your post whether your program is crashing or the API
program is crashing (which would be odd).

This looks odd to me: Try just inz on the short integer.

D siDtaTyp 5i 0 inz( x'00' )

BTW probably would not cause this issue, but your error code structure is
declared incorrectly. There's a single reserved blank between msgid and
data for format ERRC0100.

Stu