I would use the record format name instead of the file name on the CHAIN and on the WRITE ...

Regards,
John McKay mba
www.rpglanguage,com

On 15/11/2011 16:29, Robert Rogerson wrote:
Hi All,

I had a stored procedure fail with RNX1021 Attempt to write a duplicate
record to file SIGNTMP.

SIGNTMP has the following constraint:

Constraint
Description
Primary Key
Constraint
Constraint . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : CST
Q_QS36F_SIGNTMP_WK
Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : TYPE
*PRIMARY
Key . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : KEY
WKCUS#

WKITM#

WKDOCT

WKDOC#
Number of fields in key . . . . . . . :
4
In the code I have...
// Write to the work file if not already there
Chain(n) (p_store: p_item: p_DocumentType: p_Document) signtmp;
If not %Found(signtmp);
wkcus# = p_store;
wkitm# = p_item;
wkdoct = p_DocumentType;
wkdoc# = p_Document;
Write signtm;
Endif;

I thought this was pretty solid code but the program still failed. A new
record is only written if a record with the same key is not found.

So my only explanation is that another process wrote a record with the
same key in between the Chain and the Write.

Am I missing something of does some have another explanation.

BTW, I understand that I can add an error extender to the Write and
capture the error but my question still remains if there's another
explanation for the failure...

Thanks for all ideas,

Robert Rogerson