Oops, you are right! Not sure of those were added or if I've been doing it incorrectly/(the hard way) all this time. Hmmm... I think I'd still stick with _rreadn() though since you are doing partial key. Meaning, if you're looking for names that start with SM for example, seems to me that _rreadn() is the correct answer.
++
Dennis
++
There will be a rain dance Friday, weather permitting

Sent from my Galaxy tablet phone. Please excuse my brevity.
For any grammatic/spelling errors, there is no excuse.
++

"Charles Wilt" <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dennis,

Not sure that's true....at least given how I understand the
docs...._rreadk offers the __KEY_NEXTEQ parm value:
__KEY_NEXTEQ
Positions to and reads the next record that has a key equal to the
key value at the current position. The key parameter is ignored.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.etools.iseries.langref.doc/rzan5mst224.htm#HDRRREADK

Thus it seems to me that _rreadk could be used in place of an RPG
READE or an RPG CHAIN, but I'm trying to confirm.

Charles