Is identity column supported on files in qtemp? I think I got hosed by that recently... Maybe that was a trigger...

The standard caveat is that QTEMP objects are NOT always supported with advanced features...

-Eric DeLong

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Morgan, Paul
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 2:07 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: RE: SQL Insert Row as last RRN

Michael,

IDENTITY column requires maintaining a sequence in the database with some minor performance issues especially with multiple processes using the same table. The column sequence could require a reset. It will eventually wrap around to a lower sequence and throw off your ordering when it does wrap. It's a similar problem you are having with the RRN.

Is this your interface to the CS 1500? Likely you don't require 24/7 so having to shut down this single process to occasionally reset is probably not a problem.

Hope this was helpful,
Paul Morgan

Principal Programmer Analyst
IT Supply Chain/Replenishment