Hi Gary,

as Scott pointed out, there is an install.txt instruction.
most important is: you will need minimum Java 1.5 on the box, AppServer4RPG is running! (no problem vor V7R1!

The install of the java part, you will need all jar files and the two properties files contained in the ZIP distribution, all copied to the same directory of your AS400.

To install the native part, you will find a savf in the downloded zip file, just bring it to your as400 and restore it, (JDBCGATE.PGM is only needed)

To configure your database on the AS400, you use ADDRDBDIRE to bind a name for your target database to the *ARDPGM interface of DB2.

The "java" part is done in doing the Driver Configuration in global.properties, you will find examples in the comments (the lines beginning with "#" ) and hints in the install.txt.

If you have problems, you could adress this here in the list (I'm reading and sometimes posting in here), at the project page of SourceForge, or feel free to drop me a mail.

@classpath settings: to access Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server or an AS/400 (nice for testing and an easy way to do local SQ access in Server mode), you don't need any classpath settings. the AppServer4RPG.jar file is a runnable jar and the installation is completely self containing. you don't need classpath settings as long as you don't change or add drivers (no big problem).

I noticed your posting to JDBCR4: ArdGate doesn't support commitment controll at the moment, but it's an upcoming feature.

have a lot of fun with ArdGate

Dieter Bender